Jewish Culture in Buddhism
Amida Buddha’s appearance was from the middle of the 1st century to the 2nd century AD. One of the twelve disciples of Christ, Thomas, came to preach the Gospel in India in the year 52 AD. At this time, the apostle Thomas preached seven things. (Jewish Culture in Buddhism Kobo Kubo Gakken)
1. The Messiah called Christ will arise in a country in the west.
2. Christ is the Eternal Life and the Eternal Light.
3. All men are sinners and cannot save themselves by their own power.
4. Christ came from God to save humanity.
5. In order to save us sinners, Christ died by crucifixion for our
behalf. Therefore, anyone who calls His Name by faith is saved.
6. Christ didn’t come to call the righteous to be saved, but He came to call sinners for salvation.
7. The way to salvation is through faith in Jesus Christ.